About Me

My photo
New York, New York
21 year old on the path to finding myself. Hip Hop Dancer (VP of Culture Shock Dance Troupe in New Paltz) and Public Relations student at SUNY New Paltz. I may lack wealth, but I have a wealthy heart.

Friday, March 20, 2009

Smash Into You

"And I'm soaked in your love
And love is right in my path, in my grasp
And me and you belong"
And me and you belong"
-Beyonce, "Smash Into You"

It's so crazy...I haven't felt this way in forever. It's been so long that we've been friends and now that I know that there can be more, what is there to do? I'm scared just as much as he is...but maybe it's to be scared together. Hell, even my best friends see how happy he makes me, and like Beyonce says, "I'm willing to run...Smash Into You." I know that we have all of the time in the world to think, there's no pressure there and that's what I love about this. Either way, I will love him from the bottom of my heart.

This is exactly what I feel about this boy. It's so uncanny how a friend that you know for quite sometime can potentially be Mr. Right; being right there in front of you this whole time while other guys don't even compare to him. The only problem is what will that do to our friendship? One can only hope that it would make us stronger, but what happens if the relationship ends? Like we both figure, we will love each other either way. Question pending: what next? Do we take that next step? Leave things as is? Only time can slowly reveal what is in store for us. Right now, I just want to enjoy him for what he is: a true man in our generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha Lookin' For?