About Me

My photo
New York, New York
21 year old on the path to finding myself. Hip Hop Dancer (VP of Culture Shock Dance Troupe in New Paltz) and Public Relations student at SUNY New Paltz. I may lack wealth, but I have a wealthy heart.

Friday, March 13, 2009

I Am Grateful For...


So my homie skillet Angel made up this little holiday called March of Gratitude. What you do is each day of March, you state what you are grateful for everywhere you can: your away messages, Facebook status, on your wall, etc. If I can say so myself, this is the most brilliant thing that I have ever heard.

This month, I have realized all of the things--big and small--that take a positive effect on my life. Even if I was in the shittiest of moods, I could go back and say that I was grateful for something. Hopefully, this holiday that one man has created for friends can soon blow up in a global perspective. More people should be grateful for what they have rather than be miserable for what they don't have. In the short two weeks or so that I have done this exercise, I can say that my outlook on life as of now can be nothing more than positive. Hey, if we can be grateful in March, why not be grateful everyday? I'm sure it would do people some good.

One thing in particular that I was grateful for this week was love. Recently, I have been really close with those who I care for, and it is bringing me nothing but happiness as each day passes. Whether it be friends, family, or a significant other, love does exist; I can comfortably say that I still believe in love and will believe in love for the long run. If I ever tell you any different, then maybe I'm in a bad mood. From what I have been experiencing lately, I have been proven wrong in thinking that maybe love is a silly game. To those who are special to me, I love you dearly.


P.S. I find it ironic that the picture I have for gratitude has mice in it, and I'm musophobic :-\

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha Lookin' For?