About Me

My photo
New York, New York
21 year old on the path to finding myself. Hip Hop Dancer (VP of Culture Shock Dance Troupe in New Paltz) and Public Relations student at SUNY New Paltz. I may lack wealth, but I have a wealthy heart.

Monday, February 1, 2010

Another Year, Another Start

"20 and I've realized everything you want's not meant to be
20 and you qualify to stand up to responsibilities
So I try to prioritize by deciding what I know what's best for me
And then there's always
Love that tries to trip you up
You try to catch yourself before you hit the ground
But nothing's promised
Friends are there to cheer you up
To give you strength and build you up when you are down
So I set sail emotion"
-Ciara, "I Found Myself"

So January 28th rolled around, and yours truly turned 20!! Quite frankly, it's apparently short a year of being legal to do EVERYTHING, but the important thing that I find here is that I am another year older and hoping to become another year wiser. My birthday was special this year. Nothing too extravagant as far as parties, but the most extraordinary experience was being content with my friends and my loved one (for the record we're not together, but I still love him...who knows how the wind will blow for us.)

It's the people in your life that can make or break you. I can honestly say that I am blessed to have my mother who has cared for me all 20 years of my life, even when we struggled with my sexuality. I am blessed to have my friends who I can tell anything to and who has a shoulder I can cry on. Although he and I ended our relationship for now, I'm blessed to experience true love and know that whatever happens I have arms that I can fall into and a heart I can touch, as well as a love who can touch my heart another time another place.

There's been other things in my life that are taking a toll on me, but I'm bringing it into a new year hoping that it will make me a stronger individual. This year will be the year that I let go of my vices as best as possible. This year will be the year that I live life to the fullest and take shit by the reigns. Life can change so fast before our eyes, but it's up to us to slow down for a minute and grasp everything that it gives us. Dey 2.0 will change his mind for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha Lookin' For?