About Me

My photo
New York, New York
21 year old on the path to finding myself. Hip Hop Dancer (VP of Culture Shock Dance Troupe in New Paltz) and Public Relations student at SUNY New Paltz. I may lack wealth, but I have a wealthy heart.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Subconscious Subliminals


Dreams, dreams, dreams...they are the underlying messages in our everyday lives. They are the little movies that play in our minds when we're fast asleep. They are the thoughts and symbols that we sometimes cannot decode.

For the past few nights, I've been dreaming about a specific person...and it's creeping me out just a tad bit (lol). First of all, I don't interact with that person so much for me to be dreaming about them, and second it's really left field. In the first dream, I was with my friends on my way to a party, and I walked into a restaurant where the said person proceeds to sing me a song (which, after prying on what song it is, I found it was Unthinkable by Alicia Keys). As if that wasn't awkward enough for me in my awake state, the next night I have a dream that the person was taking care of two children from this daycare, and we proceeded to talk about our lives in detail as we walked back to the place.

From these dreams, I'm only wondering if it means that this person and I may end up closer friends than usual someday? The communication in the dreams can possibly mean that we're going to communicate a little more in the real world. But where do the children and the singing come in? You can probably understand why the hell I'd be so confused *shrugs*

On another note, last night I had a dream about my god brother, Anthony, who I lost contact with for some years now. It was as if he popped out of nowhere, seemingly coming home from the armed forces, and it made me cry when I saw him. Once again, it made me feel a little lost. Does it mean that he'll come back into my mother and I's life? It's funny how you can still hold those people close to you in your heart even with distance and time passing you by.

I'm taking these dreams as an eye opener: to look out for new connections, as well as hoping to reconnect old connections. Who knows what a new friendship can bring to my life? Who knows how an old friendship can come together again? Let's see how these subliminal messages turn out in reality...

1 comment:

  1. so who is homeboy?

    maybe u guys will adopt kids . . . or he'll have kids & they'll become yours

    my dreams are like premonitions, giving me a heads up on what's to come

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha Lookin' For?