About Me

My photo
New York, New York
21 year old on the path to finding myself. Hip Hop Dancer (VP of Culture Shock Dance Troupe in New Paltz) and Public Relations student at SUNY New Paltz. I may lack wealth, but I have a wealthy heart.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Realization of the Day: I'm Human


January 11 is the day that my life changed forever. I came to the realization that we are not immortal; that one day, we will not walk this earth, and we will not be able to see the sunshine or smell fresh grass. I came to the realization that life is, in fact, going by fast...what do we have to show for it? We spend so much time hating on each other rather than loving each other, and we take for granted what good people can do for us.

I'm human; I bleed, I cry, I laugh, I feel. After January 11th and the devastation in Haiti, I have come to the conclusion that it is indubitably time to live each day as if it is my last day on this here earth. No one knows who is going to be here tomorrow, and at this time more than any we should be reaching out and touching one another instead of breaking each other down. This semester, I'm looking forward to staying persistent with my studies and having as much fun as I have the past few semesters I've been at New Paltz. It's time for me to keep on smiling, and to continue breathing air and life until it's time to part.

1 comment:

  1. thats right! and while youre at it..please take time to make the most meaningful connections..rather it be sex or friendships. In this life there is too little time to waste it on the promiscuity of immaturity and vanity.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha Lookin' For?