About Me

My photo
New York, New York
21 year old on the path to finding myself. Hip Hop Dancer (VP of Culture Shock Dance Troupe in New Paltz) and Public Relations student at SUNY New Paltz. I may lack wealth, but I have a wealthy heart.

Friday, February 5, 2010

Umm...What's Valentine's Day?

"Who's gonna be your Valentine?"

"What are you doing for Valentine's Day?"

"What are you getting me for Valentine's Day?"

I can answer all three of these questions with ease. First and foremost, I don't have a Valentine (excluding my Florida buddy Keith, possibly my significant other *that's how I feel about him, at least* and my mother). I don't have one for the simple fact that I have been single every Valentine's Day, minus the one that I got stood up on in 2008. I feel as if why should I have one day out of the 365 (366 on Leap Years) to show my love and affection for you? I'm still in love as of right now, and homeboy and I tell each other every day that we love each other here and there, so that's all I need.

What am I doing for Valentine's Day? Absolutely nothing. My mom might come up and spend time with me seeing as she has President's Day off that Monday, and I'll enjoy her quality time. I honestly don't expect anyone to get me anything at all that day. The last time I asked someone what we're doing for Valentine's Day, you know what they said? "Nothing...", which proves to me even more that the day is just another day on the calendar. Hell, I don't even plan on wearing red.

What am I getting you for Valentine's Day? Nothing whatsoever. I can buy you a bag of M&M's today, tomorrow, and the next day and they'll taste exactly the same on February 14th. It used to be cute to get little gifts, but a bitch is broke.

My overall point: Fuck V-Day...for me at least. I will apologize to those who celebrate the holiday religiously, and if you have that special someone to celebrate more power to you. All I have to say is that you should cherish your loved ones every day and not just on February 14th. People may see this as being negative; I just call it an opinion. I lost faith on love before, and I'm a true believer in true love (I've experienced it) but as far as this holiday, it's added onto my shit list of holidays (which includes Christmas).

3 comments:

  1. You have such a unique facial structure! You could really build some interesting looks around it!

    I dont know how people celebrate it...but when youre on the receiving end with gifts on that day....then I guess you really dont care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fCk ur FL buddy ; he just got cut yesterday lol . . . but no really #straightface

    i see where ur coming from & i totally agree but im excited this year b/c im starting off the decade w/ a valentine & im getting a gift LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol thanks Dovie! And Willy I's happy for you. Like I'm not knocking anyone who's gonna celebrate, I'm just knocking the holiday. As I get older I realize some of these holidays are kinda ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha Lookin' For?