About Me

My photo
New York, New York
21 year old on the path to finding myself. Hip Hop Dancer (VP of Culture Shock Dance Troupe in New Paltz) and Public Relations student at SUNY New Paltz. I may lack wealth, but I have a wealthy heart.

Monday, May 4, 2009

Oh, These Mornings...


Another morning that I'm awake. Why do I keep doing this to myself? I mean really, Friday I was up from 12:15 until *gasp* approximately 11:20 am Saturday morning. Not to mention I had a performance at 8pm later on that Saturday, so what was I thinking? What influenced me to do such a thing? Maybe it was the little bit of "Finding Nemo" that I drank for celebrating Princess' success at the Latino Week Fashion Show. Then again, I sobered up about three hours after the matter, so that couldn't be it. Other than that, I stayed up working on a research project due tomorrow...that's still not complete...go figure :-\

So yet again, I am up in the wee hours of the morning stressing over work; an essay that I had to write for my Composition II class. I mean pretty simple essay...if only I did it way ahead of time. I had other priorities to fulfill, though. My Black Psych paper definitely kicked my ass, but I prevailed either way.

Quite frankly, I'm tired of staying up these hours doing work. Thank goodness today's the second-to-last day of classes (even if we do have to take finals next week). Point of the matter is I need relaxation. I need "him," my family, my friends. I just need to be away from the academics for awhile. I feel like it's burning an unnecessary hole in me and it's taking awhile to fill that hole back up. If only I could heal as fast as Wolverine *awesome movie, might I add.*

P.S.: Thanks Faisal for the Phoenix Magic card, I really wasn't expecting that haha at least I'll have something in my wallet to keep me strong throughout the day...hopefully...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha Lookin' For?