About Me

My photo
New York, New York
21 year old on the path to finding myself. Hip Hop Dancer (VP of Culture Shock Dance Troupe in New Paltz) and Public Relations student at SUNY New Paltz. I may lack wealth, but I have a wealthy heart.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Epiphany


So the other night I'm up bored on Facebook (my usual routine when I don't want to do any form of work). I see that my friends do these little quizzes that is meant to tell you things like "What Kind of Superhero Are You?" and such. Well I found one that I took interest in, which was "Which Fantasy Creature Are You?" and I went along with it, not expecting any results. Heck, for all I know I was going to end up being a Unicorn or a Fairy or something. Low and behold, when I got the results back, I got the thing that I treasure the most (you guys should already know): the Phoenix.

Now usually, Facebook quizzes are a load of bullshit. Let's face it: you answer questions and usually get results that either kinda fits you or doesn't fit you at all. The funny thing about this quiz was that I answered all of the questions honestly and without trying to tweek them for a satisfying result, and what do I get? The very creature that I have grown to look up to. I had an epiphany: the phoenix is, in fact, the very reason why I strive to move forward after all. I mean I've said it a thousand times over, but after this little play on questions and answers I've come to realize that it is something that was meant to be. In all essence, I do live the life of a phoenix: I hurt, I stress, but at the end of the day I end up picking myself right back up and start a new page.

Honestly, lately I have been drained, tired, hell just down in the dumps as a whole if you must. School's definitely been stressful with the work. But you know what? I found some inner strength and inspiration to go out and do what I have to do. I have everyone in my corner that I need and the spark that I need to survive these last few weeks of my freshman year of college.

So I have been very Phoenix oriented lately: my Firefox browser is of a fire theme with golds and reds, my desktop image is of the strong firebird that's right at the top of this very blog, all a reminder that I have that inner fire to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha Lookin' For?