About Me

My photo
New York, New York
21 year old on the path to finding myself. Hip Hop Dancer (VP of Culture Shock Dance Troupe in New Paltz) and Public Relations student at SUNY New Paltz. I may lack wealth, but I have a wealthy heart.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Damn...


Damn...that's all I can say right now. Just as soon as I get so close to the finish line, I feel like something causes me to trip. Right now I don't know whether I should have a vendetta with my Spanish professor, or if I should look at my English professor (or the English department rather) in a different way.

Might as well start out with the good news, since that's what we like to do in life: sugar coat. So I took my Black Psych final yesterday and I think I did exceptionally well. Had a discussion with my professor: B+ on the paper; B in the class. That I can feel proud of considering that I've busted my chops in that class trying to get key concepts and ideals and all that goodness. I can comfortably say that I've walked out of that class a better black person. Now for the bullshit of the day.
[
I go to my Spanish final at 2:45pm; walk into the room feeling a certain kind of way already (I hate my professor as previously mentioned) and low and behold a sarcastic "Oh, you decided to show up?" Of course, it would be in my nature to return shade, but I let it slide and said nothing to her. Took my final...not exactly comfortable with it, but hey I'm a native English speaker, can't knock me for finding another language a tad difficult. Anywho, I finish my final and collect some leftover work. The problem: why do I get an evaluation sheet that says "Not enough evidence to evaluate"? I walk out the class pretty dumbfounded, then turned right back around. All she could tell me is "if you come to my office we can talk." I'm thinking in the back of my head "BITCH DOES IT LOOK LIKE I WANNA TALK?" I just walk out the classroom disappointed. I can't even fathom what a conversation with her would be like; supposedly I've missed half of my classes after Midterms which I feel is a crock of shit. I'm pretty sure that I've been spitting out some lengua fuera twice a week, although I did have my sick days. So she can't tell me that I have NO evidence whatsoever to evaluate me. Bull...shit...

So after I leave, I get an email sent to my phone from my English professor. What do you know? more bad news. She tells us that our final is pushed back to Thursday...what's wrong with this picture? I WAS SUPPOSED TO LEAVE WEDNESDAY! What possessed her or the department to switch our final from Tuesday to Thursday? The world will never know. However, I am highly disappointed and appalled.

All I ask is to finish this school year. I wanted to get my finals over with; I wanted to go home to my companion, my family, my friends; I wanted some relaxation time before I come back up here to work. Basically all of those goals were flushed down the drain beginning with one little email. And now I'm up studying for a class that I give two shits about. Overall, I'm done with this.

But you know what? I do get to have some sort of relaxation after all. I'm going to the city on Wednesday to buy my ticket for my old high school's show on Saturday. I'm going to treat myself to a haircut, hopefully see my besties, and maybe (most likely) visit my mother, come back up for my "English final" and call it quits. Later on I'll discuss my night with Culture Shock, but this was ample time to vent. I needed to write, to type, whatever to relieve this stress. I just needed time to have some sort of escape besides tears in my room alone. I just need to go.

1 comment:

Whatcha Lookin' For?