About Me

My photo
New York, New York
21 year old on the path to finding myself. Hip Hop Dancer (VP of Culture Shock Dance Troupe in New Paltz) and Public Relations student at SUNY New Paltz. I may lack wealth, but I have a wealthy heart.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Kiss My Swag


So lately I've been having a lot of discussion about this one topic: being who I am. It's all down to the clothes I wear, how I act, who I interact with, and all that jazz. I have come to a clear realization that people unfortunately look at me a certain way: family, strangers, whoever.

Last night I get into the house (quite frankly minding my own business) and I had on this nice low V-neck long sleeved shirt from Forever 21...yes, Forever 21. So when I take my jacket off and sit down in the living room with my mother, she asks "is that a girl's shirt?" Of course, I answer, "yes, mom, it's a girl's shirt." Low and behold, she starts going off: "why are you wearing girl's clothing?" Blah blah fucking blah. Anyone who knows me well knows that I hate when people--especially my mother--asks me about what I wear. So I told her like I tell any one else, "because these clothes fit me and I still look like a boy wearing it." Now this is no offense to anyone who wears girl's clothing and look like girls; I have more respect for you guys than anything if that's your swag. I'm just saying (to her) that she needs to realize that just because I wear girl's clothing makes me no less of a boy; not to mention I only own very little articles of clothing worn by females. So she just needs to chillax.

After I got my Ciara "Fantasy Ride" from my companion, there's this one song that I have dubbed my new theme song of 2009: "Pucker Up." It's basically saying I'm going to do me whether you like it or not, and "if you don't like it, you can kiss my swag." Creative way of telling it like it is, I must say. So for anyone out there who's just plain ol' hating on what I do and how I do it, "Shawty, you can kiss my swag."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha Lookin' For?