About Me

My photo
New York, New York
21 year old on the path to finding myself. Hip Hop Dancer (VP of Culture Shock Dance Troupe in New Paltz) and Public Relations student at SUNY New Paltz. I may lack wealth, but I have a wealthy heart.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Realization of the Day: I'm Jealous

"Tell me why you in my B-I-Z
You gon' make me get my vaseline
You don't wanna catch the 3rd degree
Back up I need fifty feet
I don't think you really want it"
-Danity Kane, Want It

Ok, I'll admit: I'm a jealous bitch. I do get a little worrisome when hoochies look at my sig other (significant other) a certain way. I do tense up at the thought of someone giving him a compliment. But y'know what? I can't be but so mad. I mean not to be cocky (I'm just saying what I experience) but there do be times where some guys may tell me "hey, you're very attractive" or "hey, so what's good with you?" It's up to me to know that words are, indeed, just words and compliments can be harmless. It's all in the matter of what actions are being taken after those compliments are made, which none have been made so life is good under the sun.

Cutting straight to the point, for 2010 I plan on learning how to filter my jealousy; not being blind, but knowing how to ignore the advances that other wo/men may make towards him. And I'll admit, prior relationship experiences can be the cause of my jealous nature, but it's to put Sankofa into the playing field. I should be able to look at the past, learn that their qualities has nothing to do with his, and be able to move forward. It's time to loosen up the ropes, and it starts now.

2 comments:

  1. Well im glad you've come to this realization and hopefully stick to resolving this issue. Jealousy is a lot like salt in a relationship, A LITTLE BIT CAN ADD GOOD TASTE...BUT TOO MUCH CAN MAKE THE BLOOD PRESSURE RISE AND THE HEAD BEGIN TO EXPLODE! not a good look there.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha Lookin' For?