About Me

My photo
New York, New York
21 year old on the path to finding myself. Hip Hop Dancer (VP of Culture Shock Dance Troupe in New Paltz) and Public Relations student at SUNY New Paltz. I may lack wealth, but I have a wealthy heart.

Friday, April 24, 2009

Fire and Ashes: A Phoenix Update

So yeah, it's been a considerable amount of time since I have written a blog, and might I add SO MUCH HAS GONE ON IN MY LIFE!

First and foremost, the two words that sums up the theme of this semester: NO RESPECT. To clarify what this means, it's pretty much another way of saying that I've just learned to let live and let go. I guess you can say that I've become a little nonchalant with my classes and whatnot, but then again who's still up typing a Philosophy paper due in...oh I don't know...6 hours?

Second, I got the Orientation Leader position that I was dying over :) I definitely can't wait to be a part of the incoming first year's experience the way that my OL was for me. I feel that it would only be right to spread the love of New Paltz that I have to the young'ns so they can enjoy their first year and hopefully the rest of the college years to come.

Now as I have mentioned before, there was someone in my life who has been around for awhile that I have grown to love and appreciate so much. What of it? Only we know: and that's how it should be. As far as what everyone can know, we will always have love and respect for each other until the day we rot and biodegrade.

So all in all, there is a cycle of fire and ashes still going on in my life. I still burn, I still incinerate, but at the end of the day, I bounce right back out fresh from the ashes of life and take everything in. Life is beautiful for me right now, and I plan on making that very consistent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha Lookin' For?