About Me

My photo
New York, New York
21 year old on the path to finding myself. Hip Hop Dancer (VP of Culture Shock Dance Troupe in New Paltz) and Public Relations student at SUNY New Paltz. I may lack wealth, but I have a wealthy heart.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Summer 2011...Bittersweet, Much?

I'm not going to front, this summer was as exciting as watching paint dry. Although I did gain valuable experience from interning for a few months, had a trip to DC (the highlight of the summer), and did hit up the club and beach a couple of times, I realized the value of the dollar...and the effects of lacking money.

Of course, things could be worse. I could have been home the whole entire summer not doing anything at all, so that's where my optimism lies. I also feel as if I did a lot (emphasis on a lot) of personal growing pertaining to knowing what I want to get out of life and who I want to stay in my life. The process is never ending, but at least for the past few months people have shown me a great deal of who they are and what I should avoid/attract myself to.

The next chapter for me is finishing college and getting my degree. Then I can see what life REALLY is about. In the meantime, I hope that the next couple of weeks treat me fair enough before I head back to my educational institution.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha Lookin' For?