About Me

My photo
New York, New York
21 year old on the path to finding myself. Hip Hop Dancer (VP of Culture Shock Dance Troupe in New Paltz) and Public Relations student at SUNY New Paltz. I may lack wealth, but I have a wealthy heart.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Question?

So yeah, everyone's heard of Formspring, and if you haven't I can basically tell you what it is. Formspring is a website that's kind of like an Honesty Box where people can ask you questions anonymously and get to know you. However, that can prove to be a double-edged sword, since people take advantage of the anonymity and become bold with their questions, often asking negative things or attacking people.

I want to use this blog right now to pick out a few questions that were asked about me that I really liked and had responded to. The positive thing about Formspring for me is that I can answer truthfully and people who may have the same questions can, indeed, get a preview of who I am. After all, you don't really know a person until you meet them in person. Onto the Q&A:

In one word how would you describe yourself?

Enigmatic

Are you close to your family? Are you loyal?

I'm close to my mother, grandmother, and a few cousins. Honestly, some of my family have talked behind my back and smiled in my face, and for that I don't be around them.

Have you ever been in love? How did you know?


I have been and still am in love. Whenever I see that person, I can't help but smile. Whenever I get mad at that person, I can't be mad at them for more than a minute. Whenever I'm near them, I feel safe.

Who is the most important person in your life? and Why?


My mother by far is the most important person in my life for the simple fact that she's my mother lol nah but seriously it's always just been me and her and I feel like she's the reason why I'm such a strong person. If I didn't have her as a backbone aside from my friends, I would have nothing.

What are your attitudes toward romance?


I love romance. I'm a very romance related person, and it doesn't have to be an expensive date type thing. Just spending time with the person you love is all that matters, whether it's a walk in the park or watching tv at home, anything of that matter.

How do u deal with homophobia?

Honestly, I've been called my share of faggots and batty bwois and I can say that I walk right by them. Silence kills them, and I don't give them the satisfaction of getting to me by reacting. Of course I'd want to curse them out, but I value my life. And if it's someone I know personally, I try to educate them by either showing them who I am as a person or not being bothered with them at all depending on their state of mind. You can't educate those who don't want to be educated.

Why do you think the gay community gets a bad rap in general?

Unfortunately because we've been oppressed by heterosexism. This world is so wrapped up in what a man and woman should do and that our lives are sinful, but they don't realize that we bleed the same color and feel the same emotions. In turn, that makes the LGBTQ community not value their worth, and we end up fitting into the stereotypes of promiscuity and flamboyance and so forth so on because of what heterosexuals put into the minds of society.

There's tons of other questions, but quite frankly I'm lazy *shrugs*. If you have any questions for me, feel free to ask http://formspring.me/CSPho3nix

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha Lookin' For?