About Me

My photo
New York, New York
21 year old on the path to finding myself. Hip Hop Dancer (VP of Culture Shock Dance Troupe in New Paltz) and Public Relations student at SUNY New Paltz. I may lack wealth, but I have a wealthy heart.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My Fire, My Ashes


So yeah, decided to make this whole blog thing lol. I was pretty much curious, since I'm always seeing "blogspot" this and "blogger" that, so I said "hey, why not try it?"

Anywho, I guess I can use this first blog to explain what the title of my blog is. For those who know me--especially my best friends back home--my nickname is Phoenix when I'm with my group XOXO (we got that from Gossip Girl, lol). Piggy-backing off of that, any one who knows me knows that the phoenix is my favorite mythological creature. A phoenix is a mystical bird with red and gold plumage that dies in the fire and is reincarnated in the ashes. Phoenixes are also known to have healing properties; their tears are supposed to be able to heal any wounds. Ergo, My Fire, My Ashes is based off of my personal motto that whatever trials and tribulations that I go through in my life, I can always be reborn a better person from them.

I write a lot of poetry...or at least write a lot of poetry when I'm in the mood lol. Whatever I post here will most likely be poetry that questions the things that I go through and--for my personal gain--I can learn from what I write about. Other than that, it'll be me rambling about what I go through during a day or other things that tickle my fancy. Most likely, my shit will be random since I'm random but I always believed that writing makes it easier for me to express what I feel and get a great deal off of my mind. So anyone's pretty much welcomed to experience the fire that I go through, and the ashes that I come out of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha Lookin' For?