About Me

My photo
New York, New York
21 year old on the path to finding myself. Hip Hop Dancer (VP of Culture Shock Dance Troupe in New Paltz) and Public Relations student at SUNY New Paltz. I may lack wealth, but I have a wealthy heart.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

I'm Trying


I'll be honest: this college life is hard. I find myself going to sleep all hours of the morning, night, whatever you want to call it. Some days I do the work required, other days I forget the work that I must do. Spanish is most definitely kicking my ass. Hell, I even S/U'd the course (long story as of what that means, but let's just say it's a step closer to me not giving a fuck.) In the midst of it all, however, I can say that at least I'm trying to push forward.

When I think about it, all that's pushing me forward is my mother (who of course is the only person that I have in my immediate home,) my friends here at school and at home, and of course those select few family members that I can say have held me even in the darkest times. They are the reason why I still strive to go to school; they are my positive influence and my drive. Everyday I think, "this is leading towards a bigger picture." That bigger picture is for me to be proud of who I am and show the rest that anyone can do what I am doing.

So the hard work? It will always be hard. What I'm getting from the hard work? Life skills, closer to a comfortable living (hopefully,) and self confidence above all. I already made it through one semester; I'm pretty sure that another semester can't hurt...right? Hey, at least I can say that I'm trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha Lookin' For?