About Me

My photo
New York, New York
21 year old on the path to finding myself. Hip Hop Dancer (VP of Culture Shock Dance Troupe in New Paltz) and Public Relations student at SUNY New Paltz. I may lack wealth, but I have a wealthy heart.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Waking Up a New Age

Saturday morning I woke up a new age. But it wasn't just any old age: it was 21. As mentioned in my last blog post, my birthday was this past Friday (January 28th for future reference) and I spent my whole weekend with family and close friends. I don't think I could have asked for a better birthday.

When I woke up Saturday morning, I woke up with the utmost optimism. I had this sense that so many doors are opened to me now more than ever before. And not just the club doors, or lounge doors. The opportunity to grow as an adult this year became very attractive to me to say the least. Hell, I even woke up this morning and hopped out of bed (in NYC) to head to New Paltz. I could have been a lazy bitch and said, "I'm staying home, what's missing a few classes going to do?" but I took it upon myself to wake up and get on that good ol' Trailways bus. Maybe it's a placebo effect, but I feel that I'm on the right path of being more focused and handling responsibility better than I have before. As I had discussed with a couple of friends Saturday night, 2011 will be the year to appreciate self. That's not to be taken as being selfish, but more about being aware of who you are in order to grow and prosper in these troubled times. Love yourself a little more, push yourself to do greater things, and above all don't change who you are. These ideals are what I'm strengthening this year for myself.

On another random note, I got my sixth tattoo seen in the picture. It's the glyph for Uranus, the ruling planet of Aquarius in astrology. Below is just a little excerpt of what Uranus means for me as an Aquarian and as a person in general:
Uranus symbolizes unpredictable change, intuition, genius, individualism, independence, freedom, social reform, rebels, inventions, electricity, and the joining of the personal to the collective consciousness and the group mind. In the physical body it rules electrical nerve impulses
-myastrologybook.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha Lookin' For?